Painting

Painting

22 March 2020

Does this blog even exist any more?

Does it?

It does.

I sold all my shit (painting). I focused (ha) on photography. I was happy. Then Coronavirus arrived. It didn't visit me personally, and I hope it never does. But what it's done is limit my (in fact everyone's) liberty somewhat. So I did what most panickers do and panic-bought my way to a happier place. But I did not panic-buy toilet rolls or pasta - oh no, I went and spent my hard-earned wedge on some paints, brushes, some Oldhammer miniatures and other assorted painting paraphernalia. It all arrives in a couple of days.

Given the parlous state of society's health due to CV-19, I needed something to occupy me whilst locked away from other people (wife excluded). So I picked up once more on a hobby that has brought me diminishing returns since I went 'pro' (debatable) for 12 months about 20yrs or so ago. However, this time I can see me sticking with it. When I say 'this time', I am talking about what is probably the 5th epoch of painty-stuff since the dawn of time itself. And when I say 'the dawn of time itself', I mean the very first time I tried to paint a Hero Quest orc with enamel paints.

Anyway, for better or (likely much) worse, I will attempt to blog my way through the coming days, painting this or that, getting miserable about it, losing my rag. And the beauty of it all is that no-one gives a chuff. That's the magic of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment